Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Week #65

Hey Mama!

First off, way jealous you guys went to Rocky Point haha! I love that place! Also, sad to hear about Nana's disease! I would love to have a little bit more info on it if you could send me some. 

This week was super cool! So we got to teach all of our progressing investigators and had killer lessons with them! They're all doing super good! Love it here in Shaker so much!

So we started off the week with teaching Lauren. She's really progressing which is awesome! We talked with her more about her baptism and how she feels about it. She told us that she doesn't feel ready and thinks she needs more time to learn and grow in the gospel. Slightly true. We do need to finish teaching her but she already knows that the Book of Mormon is true. Everything else will just fall into place. Another concern that she has is that her whole entire family is Catholic. It's a pretty big change for her to take on her own. She's not married or anything so she really would be completely alone in that sense. However, the entire ward is here to back her up. She hasn't quite figured that out. We are planning to take her to the Bang's house, a member family in the ward, for dinner with in the next 2 weeks or so. She's really doing great! 

Anthony is crushing it as well! He still is having a hard time finding time to read the scriptures, come to church, and have us come to teach him on a regular basis. His work is crazy busy. We had to reschedule his baptismal date for the 12th of November. That will be the last Saturday that Elder Davis is in the area so we're really working with him to make that date! He should be able to. He just needs to work a little harder on keeping commitments. 

Frank is a baller without a doubt! A week ago we asked Frank to read a specific chapter in the Book of Mormon and when we asked him how it went at our last lesson, he told us that he read it 3 times so that he could have a really good understanding of it! Such an awesome guy! Then we talked about baptism and when we set a baptismal date with him he was so excited! He's AWESOME! So excited for Frank to get baptized! I also found out the missionaries that contacted him initially! Their names are Elder Kay and Elder Buxton. That's all I got so good luck with that. 

Yvette is loving the gospel right now! She is excited for our lessons every time we come and is doing her very best to understand everything that we teach her! She's working on coming to church but is having a hard time with work. Seriously love her though! She's awesome!!!

Had a great experience this last week with tracting though! As we were out knocking some doors, a guy, Manny, answered and was super open to us! As we talked to him more, he told us that he grew up in Las Vegas and had some really good friends that were members of the church! It was pretty evident that he respected them which is for sure why he talked to us. Just another example of how big a role members play in missionary work whether they recognize it or not! We're going to see him this coming weekend and I'll let you know how that goes.

In my personal study I've been reading through the gospels. I've been focusing on that so much so that I can come to know Christ better. I just feel like I've become less acquainted with him in the last few months. It's been great to read through that and feel my relationship with the savior grow.

I don't think there's any area that I am really dying to serve in. I have loved every area that I've been. It really comes down to the attitude you have of the area! I think every area is the best area so I would love to go anywhere!

My favorite thing about shaker Heights is the people for sure! We have part of Cleveland ghetto so we get to talk with lots of people that keep life interesting. We also have wealthier areas where we get to talk to people that are more stable. It's a really good balance. Love the area, love the people, love the work.

Glad you guys had a good week! I miss you so much and am for sure excited to see you at Christmas! Have a good week!

Love, 
Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment