Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Week #81

Jackson is transferring to Sandusky, Ohio this week.  Here's his new address:

Elder Jackson Scoresby
106 W. Boalt St., Apt. 2
Sandusky, OH  44870

Hi Mom!!!

As you already know, I'm being transferred! I'm going to Sandusky to be a District Leader! I'm pretty excited about having the opportunity to serve as a DL. I'm sure I'll have a great time! I'll get to work on a closer, more personal level with the missionaries I serve. I've always been a little frustrated about how distant we are as zone leaders. My new companion will be Elder Wheelright. (I'll have more accurate spelling on his name next week, I just took a shot in the dark.) I came out with Elder Wheelright too! Once I am with Elder Wheelright, I will have served with 3 of the 26 or so missionaries that came out with me! I've heard a lot of good about Elder Wheelright so I'm stoked to be his companion! 

It has been sad the last couple of days saying goodbye to people. I think the Van Leuven family was one of the harder ones to say goodbye to. They are a powerhouse family! Their daughter, McKenna wrote me a note and gave me a picture. They're such a sweet family! I will for sure come back to visit with them! 

It has been a bummer. I really wanted to take another picture with Anthony and Lauren but we haven't seen either of them for a couple of weeks. Anthony has been out of town and Lauren has been crazy busy! They're both awesome and I'll miss them a lot! 

I feel like we didn't do a lot this week. We did a lot of finding, knocking doors and talking to people on the streets, but didn't have any immediate success with that. We did, however meet with a lot of my favorite Less Active ladies. There are a ton black women in this ward that are inactive in the wintertime because of health, travel conditions, and so on. They love it when we come and visit them! Their testimonies always strengthen mine and help me to keep moving forward. I'll send some pictures of me with a couple of them. Their names are Sister Olive Griffin, Rose Roberts, and Elizabeth Dinkins. It has been so fun to get to know each of them and develop strong, lasting friendships. 

I'm looking forward to my new area! I always love getting to know more people! I know that there are so many fantastic experiences to be had ahead. I'm going to work my butt off! One goal that I have for this next area is to find a family, consisting of a mother, father, and at least one child, that I can help bring into the gospel. I have wanted this for the last 18 months and I think it's time to make it happen in Sandusky. I can't wait to meet all the people in Sandusky! I've loved all my areas and I'm sure it will be no different for my next, and quite possibly my last area. 

I love you so much Mom! I can't wait to see the family in 6 months and see how much each one of them have changed. I'm sure Bennett has matured a lot but I bet I could beat him in a wrestling match! I have to establish dominance before he goes on his mission!!! If Cooper is up for the challenge, I'll wrestle him too haha! Love you Mom! Hope you guys have a great week! 

Love,

Jack

Sister Rose Roberts

Jack says this is typical Cleveland

Jackson with Sister Dinkins and her son David

Brother Gupta- They gave a blessing to his wife.

Brother Gupta with all the missionaries in Jack's apartment

The awesome Van Leuven family, that took such great care of Jack in Cleveland!

Jackson and Elder Christiansen

The Van Leuven kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment