Monday, September 21, 2015

Week #9

Dear Family and Friends, 

Don't have a ton of time this week but want to share another awesome experience.

As me and my companion, Elder Allen, were walking through an apartment complex, I felt SO prompted to go and knock on one specific door. I thought to myself, "I am going to baptize a family from knocking on this door!" We knocked the door and waited for someone to answer. No one did so I knocked again. When no one came after the third knock I was confused. Why was I sent here to this door if no one was going to answer. 

Then I thought that maybe I was off by one door. So we went to the next door over and once again, no answer. I was a little bit frustrated. On our way back to the car, we came in contact with a lady that was looking for a church to join. She was on her way to her apartment from picking up her kids from school. I realized that without being led to the "wrong" door, we would not have been able to find this individual. 

Our Father in Heaven always knows the best path for us to take in order to get us to the best destination. We always need to heed to the words of our Heavenly Father. What a blessing it is to have a prophet here on the earth today. I can't wait to hear what the Lord wants me to hear from the prophet at General Conference. I want to invite everyone to watch Conference. I know that we will all be given guidance from God through the mouth of a living prophet. 

I love you all so much and hope that you are doing well. Have a great week!

Love, Elder Scoresby

No comments:

Post a Comment