Monday, October 19, 2015

Week #13

Here are the questions for this week:

When you get together with the missionaries on Pday, is it usually with the sisters also, or just the elders?  Any fun plans for today?

How's it going with your investigators?

Are transfers next week? and does that mean your letter will come on a different day?

What is the funniest thing that has happened with Elder Allen?

Does your mission ever make temple trips to the Columbus Temple?

Hey mom! 

Not going to lie, I laughed when I heard you got a ticket for going 92. Speed runs in the family I guess haha. I am so glad to hear that the family is doing good! I miss going on family vacations with you guys, those were the best. I am so happy that little Noah is okay and pretty healthy. I have prayed for him quite a few times in the last few months. 

I have some very exciting news for you! I have been called to train a new missionary! I am a little worried for it but also can't wait to try and take over the area and train a new missionary. I am sure that I will be able to accomplish anything I am asked to do as long as I do what the Lord asks me to do. I will be with Elder Allen for one more week and then he will be transferred to a new area. So to answer your question, yes, my letter will come on Tuesday. Typically on p-day we get together with elders and sisters but it really depends on what everyone is doing. Today we are just going bowling one last time before people get transferred. I am going to be pretty sad when my district is split up. I will be okay though.

Our investigators are doing pretty good! Stacey is staying pretty stagnant right now which is fairly frustrating. We have picked up a bunch of new investigators which is great! I can't wait to start teaching all of them more and see them progress. One that I am particularly excited about is John. John is a 41 year old man that has some major heart problems. He is recovering from a heart attack he had a couple of months ago but he is loving everything that we are teaching him. We have only taught him once but he is so solid. I will keep informing you on investigators as time goes on and as I get to know all the new investigators we met this week. Great things are happening here in the massillon ward! 

Hmmmm... funniest experience.... Oh I know!!! So we are talking to this new investigator named donnie on his porch when this random guy comes up to us and says "aren't you guys mormons?" Me and elder Allen are both like "ya we are would you like a book of mormon?!" (not really that forward but that was the end goal). He didn't want to hear anything we had to say. He said to us, "I don't want to go to heaven because I love worldly things. If I can have and endless supply of blunts and marijuana in heaven then I want to go there. Otherwise I don't." We tried to give him a card after he said that but he just walked away. Donnie turns to us and say "Just ignore him, he makes meth" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA it was so funny! Me and Elder Allen both died laughing because it was such a funny experience. That was for sure the moment that made me laugh the hardest this week. 

As for temple trips, we were going to go on Friday but now that I am training I have to go to a training meeting. We don't ever go as an entire mission but we can go with a member every 6 months I think. I really want to get back to the temple but it might not happen for a while.

I am having such a great time talking to people out here on my mission and helping them to come closer to Christ. I love you a ton mom. Have a good week.

Love, your missionary, Jackson Scoresby

No comments:

Post a Comment