Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Week #70

Hi Mom!

This week was crazy! Elder Christiansen and I were made companions which has been super fun! We get along super well and have been successful with our teaching! I've already learned from him, the importance of listening to the concerns of our investigators, and checking for understanding while we're teaching! He's really great at listening! 

For Thanksgiving, we're going to the Shaw's house! They're an awesome family! He's our ward missionleader. I'm excited to be able to get to spend time with that family! They are all high energy so it's always fun when we go over there! Unfortunately, President Brown told us that we aren't allowed to play football because it's a contact sport. I would love to play in the turkey bowl that our ward has going on that morning! 

I don't remember if I told you a couple of weeks ago or not, but I rolled my ankle again! It was my left ankle again... Ever since I rolled it in Ashland while playing basketball, it's been pretty sore. I can walk on it fine but it's sensitive to the touch! The two bones on either side of my ankle that stick out hurt when they tap anything. So I talked to our mission health person and she said that I need to go see a podiatrist. I'm going to set up an appointment and see if there is anything seriously wrong, which I don't think there will be. Funny story how I rolled it though! Elder Davis and I were riding our bikes to a member's house to pick up a dinner. They gave us the dinner and we were almost all the way home with no accidents or anything until we got to this big hill right before our house. I was riding one hand, with the dinner in my other barely making it up this hill and Elder Davis came up from behind me and got really close as I was getting over more to the side. We collided right into the side of each other and I came down on my left side really hard on my ankle and rolled it! The cool part was that I didn't spill a single drop of our food! That was a miracle!

As for our investigators, Anthony is doing great! He's still staying strong in the gospel. He's coming to church this week and told us that he definitely wants to be baptized, he just doesn't know when. He's totally converted to the gospel! 

We texted Lauren yesterday to see when we could meet with her next and asked how her reading was going and she said that she finished the first book of Nephi! She's doing so great! She was planning on coming to church last week but she got sick and pulled a rib muscle from coughing so much! She has a strong desire to come to church, and knows that she needs to be there, she's just struggling to find the time to be there. 

We might have to push Frank's baptism back but we're hoping that he can make it Dec. 3rd. He's still having trouble retaining everything and is super frustrated. We're meeting with him tonight to talk to him about it. We're hoping to help him see the effect that the Atonement can have on him. He isn't understanding that through Christ, we can overcome any challenges that we have, whether they be physical or spiritual. 

We taught Yvette the Word of Wisdom this week and she loved it! She said that she's already living it, other than the tea. She apologized for drinking and told us that she'd never do it again. She is so prepared!

The weather is starting to cool down, which has reminded me of how much of a wimp I am! I hate the cold and it hurts me every time I get out of the car or walk out of someone's house. I love the way snow looks though! It snowed a little bit this week, but it's all melted for the most part by now. Looks like we might have a white Christmas this year! 

Thanks so much Mom for applying to UVU for me! You're the best! I'm glad I got accepted there. I'm still thinking that it's where I want to go. 

I love you so much and can't wait to talk to you in 31 days! I love Christmas! Not as much on the mission but it's still my favorite holiday! Hope you have a great week! Love you tons!
Love,

Jack

Jackson and Elder Christiansen, his new companion

Jackson and Elder Parra, who just came from the Mexico MTC with Jackson's cousin, Elder John Trendler

First snow of the year.

Christmas card pics. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment