Sunday, July 9, 2017

Week #102

Hi Mom!

This week was the best week of my entire mission! That is not a joke and it is not an exaggeration! It really was the greatest week I've ever had!

Thursday night we got a call from Elder Christiansen, our district leader. He told us some crazy exciting news that almost made my heart stop beating. He told us that we aren't having zone conference this transfer, which means I don't get to give a departing testimony. Bummer right. WRONG! The reason we don't have zone conference is because we're having a surprise mission conference tomorrow! The best part is, President Uchtdorf is going to be there! He's coming here on vacation and decided to come and meet with the Ohio Cleveland Mission. How legit is that! 

Then on Saturday we went to Kirtland with Cassidy. I don't remember if I told you but a few weeks ago, Elder Kitchens and I were sitting in ward coordination meeting and we both had the same prompting to take Cassidy to Kirtland. It was definitely inspired! While we were there, we got to teach the Word of Wisdom to her in the School of the Prophets, where it was originally revealed! SO POWERFUL! Not very many missionaries get the chance to do that! Later on in the tour of the historic sites, we talked about coming to know if the Book of Mormon was true. She immediately started to cry. The spirit was so strong! After that, we went and toured the Kirtland temple. That tour was good, it was more historical than it was spiritual which was a little bit of a bummer. On the drive home, we were planning on setting a baptismal date with Cassidy. Before we got the chance to ask her about it, she turned to us and asked if we would set a date with her! It's not very often that your investigator tells you to set a baptismal date with them! We were planning on inviting her to be baptized on the 12th of August but she is going to be back to college by then. The 5th of August she'll be on vacation so that's out too. We decided to go for the 29th of July, the Saturday after I go home :( I was wishing that I could be there, but I was just excited for her to have a baptismal date! 

Within seconds of setting a baptismal date with Cassidy, we got a text from Head Quarters. It was a referral for a guy named Collin. The text said he met with missionaries in Pennsylvania and that he wants to be baptized "Like ASAP!" Well, sounds good to me! Once we got home from Kirtland, we set up an appointment with Collin for that night. We got to know him a little bit and went over the baptismal interview questions and he nailed every single one! He's so prepared! 

That night, after our lesson with Collin, Elder Kitchens says to me, "Dude do you want to go get a soda? The only thing that is going to make this day any better is a soda." Right after he said that, we get a text from John, Cassidy's brother. He just asked us if we were busy on the 22nd of July. I told him that we didn't have anything planned for that day yet. His response was awesome! I have to quote it because it's so cool! He said, "Okay cool. I think Cass knows she wants to get baptized. She told me she is going to pray about what date she should get baptized on and she was thinking the 22nd or sooner" You can imagine my reaction to this text! I started screaming, I was so excited!!!!!!! I'm going to be here for her baptism! We also set a date for her to go to the temple to do baptisms on the 29th of July

Yesterday we met with Collin and set a baptismal date for the 15th of July! No that is not a typo... He's ready so there's no point in waiting! Collin is going through a little bit of a rough time so in our lesson we asked him what goals he has for the next couple years. His goals are as follows:

1. Be baptized
2. Receive the priesthood
3. Serve a mission
4. Go to college

The only 21 year old kids that I know who have those goals are members of the Church! Collin is so dang prepared! Sometimes you have to work hard to find new investigators and sometimes Heavenly Father hooks it up! Oh I forgot to mention! Collin came to church on Sunday! The Bishop got up and turned the time over to the congregation to bear their testimonies. Collin leaned over to Elder Kitchens and asked "Is it cool if I get up there and bear my testimony?" Elder Kitchens said, "I don't see a problem with that." He proceeded to walk up there and give one of the most heartfelt testimonies I have ever heard. He talked about the joy that comes from living the gospel and how he knows that this restored gospel is true! What a boss! I also bore my final testimony in the state of Ohio! Weird...

So All of that good stuff is why it is safe to say this is the best week I've ever had on my mission! Loved it! 

Elder Kitchens and I have been having so much fun! We're just working hard and being chill with people. We've totally figured out how to be real with people so we have a lot of people that tell we can come back. We're killing it! 

Love you so much Mom! Just know your son is pushing hard to the end! Having 2 baptisms in the next 3 weeks! Now that's the American dream. 

Love,

Jack

Jackson wore out his shoes with only a few weeks left, so these are the "Grandpa shoes" he got to replace them.

Goofie Selfie!

Jackson and Elder Kitchens with Cassidy at the Kirtland, Newell K. Whitney Store.

Jackson and Elder Kitchens in front of the Kirtland Temple

The Kirtland Temple

Jackson and Elder Ktchens

No comments:

Post a Comment