Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Week #15

Dear Friends and Family,

Training is going so great! My new companion's name is Elder Lau (sounds like loud without the D). He is a great kid. He came from Hong Kong, China. Before he came on his mission he was going to school at UVU and said that he really liked it in Utah. He Is adjusting really well to missionary life. Me and him are having a really good time together. He is a really funny kid and loves working hard. He doesn't really like a lot of american food so we go across the street to a chinese take out place that he really likes. We went there two days in a row because he liked it so much haha. He is doing really good though. I have found this week that I am more than ready to take over this area as the senior companion and to train a new missionary. In the lessons, Elder Lau is pretty quiet which is fine, I was the exact same way. He gives a little bit of input here and there but the majority of the talking is me. I didn't think that I could teach as well as I have this last week. We have had some amazing lessons! We have so many solid investigators right now that I am excited about. 

One of our best investigators is Wyatt. I can't remember if I told you about him or not but he and his family are great. They are loving the gospel and have so many great questions. Wyatt has an older brother that is on a mission in Argentina which has played a huge role in helping him to have a desire to come to church. Here is his family situation. Wyatt's parents are divorced and his dad married a member of the church and was baptized. Then, I guess Wyatt's bother was baptized and is now serving a mission. Wyatt has been to church with his dad a few times in Maryland and came to our ward for the first time last week. We have taught him and his family twice now and they are doing so great! So Wyatt told us yesterday that he is going to be baptized when his brother comes back from his mission, which is in a year. He is such a good kid and has such a strong desire to come to church and do what is right. Kathy, wyatt's mom, is also super interested in learning about the church. She keeps asking us so many deep questions that are hard to answer in a way that she can understand now. She is concerned with being sealed to her family so that they can be together forever. We gave her a pamphlet on the restoration and she said that she would read it. She is also reading the Book of Mormon which is so awesome! I am so excited to be teaching this awesome family! 

Love,
Elder Scoresby

No comments:

Post a Comment