Monday, November 16, 2015

Week #17

Dear Family and Friends,

I am having a killer time being a missionary! I am loving every aspect of the work. My favorite part is for sure teaching. I love being able to feel the spirit work as I open my mouth and follow the promptings of the spirit. The happiness that comes to my heart after teaching a spirit filled lesson is indescribable! I feel like I could run the whole way home but by the time I go from the front door to the car I'm out of breath...

Me and Elder Lau have spent a lot of time this last week walking around talking to anyone that we see. This is always an interesting experience. Yesterday we met a guy who thought that he was going to marry Katy Perry and then have his face printed on the 50,000 dollar bill. Only in Ohio. We do occasionally find people that are sane which is nice. We have many opportunities to testify about the Book of Mormon and about the Savior. 

This last Saturday we were able to teach a lesson to an older couple that we talked to on the street. We found out that the husband is a less active member of the church. He was baptized when he lived in Mexico but hasn't attended in many years. His wife is really interested in finding out if the Book of Mormon is in fact true. She had so many great questions and is thirsting and hungering to learn more. This was one of those lessons that made me want to run a marathon! The spirit was so strong! I could see the wheels turning in both of their heads and hearts. 

I have seen the spirit work with and change others for the better, however, it has worked the hardest on me. I am now more in tune with the spirit than I ever have been before and I know that this change has come from searching the scriptures and through sincere prayer to my heavenly father. As I continue to feel the spirit I continue to grow. 

I'm extremely grateful for the change that I have seen in myself that has come from the spirit. I know that each of us can have this same experience. I love and cherish each of you. Thank you for your prayers and for your love. Hope you all have a great week.

Love,

Elder Scoresby

No comments:

Post a Comment