Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Week #16

Dear Family and Friends,

This past week I felt like I changed from just a simple little caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly! (bugs life reference). I'm finding it so much easier to just talk to people about nothing and then turn our conversation to our savior. I am really enjoying the Lord's work and talking to everyone about what I love and know to be true.
Me and Elder Lau had an awesome experience this week! We picked up a new investigator named Rodger who is awesome! We taught him about the restoration and he told us that he knew everything we were teaching him was true. I could literally feel the spirit working through me as I testified about each of the truths in this lesson. It was the coolest thing I have ever felt. At the end of the lesson, Rodger asked me a question I have never been asked before. He said, "what do I have to do to get one of these Book of Mormons? Do I have to come to church first or something?" Me and Elder Lau just looked at each other and smiled. As Elder Lau handed him a copy, he treated it with such care and love. It looked almost like he was holding a new born baby. After that experience, I realized the sacredness of the Book of Mormon and the wonderful truth that it carries. I am so grateful for this gospel and for the joy that it brings me in this life. I know that the Book of Mormon will change the life of anyone who reads it. If you haven't read the Book of Mormon I would strongly recommend doing so. Thank you all so much for your love and prayers.

Love, Elder Scoresby

                                                Elder Scoresby at the Kirtland Temple

                                                     Elder Lau and Elder Scoresby

No comments:

Post a Comment