Thursday, February 11, 2016

Week #29

Hey Everyone!

So the family of four that we were hoping to teach on Sunday weren't interested which was a little sad. The Family that was trying to share the gospel with them were pretty upset about it too so we went over there and told them that everything was okay and that just because they chose not to accept doesn't mean they did anything wrong. We do have some other investigators that we are really excited about! We have a little girl that we're teaching named Carleigh. She's 9 and her mom is a member but is a returning less active. She is on schedule to be baptized this month on the 20th. We have this elderly couple, Janet and Kenneth, that we are teaching as well that are very actively engaged in the Pentecostal church that they are attending right now. They are working on reading the book of mormon and trying to come to know if it is true. I asked them this last week what it would mean if the Book of Mormon was true and Janet responded with "well I guess I would have to come to your church!" Me and Elder Bowcut were both so excited when we heard her say that! Those are our most solid investigators as of now but I will let you know next week what happens with all of our potential investigators and new investigators. 

There's only 4 elders in our district including me and Bowcut so it has been pretty easy to get to know everyone. My District leader, Elder Hutzler, Is from Mesa!! I think he went to Red mountain High School so we just talk to each other about how awesome mesa is! The other Elder in our district is from the Philippines! He's really funny but sometimes hard to understand. His english is way better than Elder Lau's though. I'm still a little worried for Lau taking over the area. I hope that he's doing okay. I don't know if I told you this but I'm in the same zone as I was in Massillon so I still get to see Lau each transfer which is fun! We haven't done any fun activities with our district though. We live like 30 or 40 minutes away and have a limited amount of miles each month so it really doesn't work out. 

I'm glad to hear everyone is doing good! Thanks so much for all of the presents! My favorite gift was the picture book! That thing is awesome! I also love the soft heart blanket!  It's funny though that a birthday on the mission just feels like a normal day which was kind of weird. Me and Elder Bowcut are doing really well though! We have a lot of fun together and give each other a hard time! It's great. 

I love you guys a ton! Here are some pictures!

                                                                 Jackson and Isaac in Massillon
                                                           Jackson and the Varners in Massillon
                                                                            Jackson and John
                                                     Jackson and Elder Lau and the Mullins kids
                                                            Jackson, Elder Lau, and the Mullins
                                                                 Jackson and Elder Bowcut
 
Jackson, the Mullins family, John, and Stacy

No comments:

Post a Comment