Monday, February 1, 2016

Week #28

*One of the families in Jackson's new area, the Yates, invited Jackson and his companion over for dinner Sunday night.  They surprised Jackson by also inviting Kevin Scoresby's family (Jackson's uncle that lives 15 minutes away).  We sent Jackson's birthday package to them and they hand delivered it to him Sunday at dinner.


Hi!

I can't believe that Kevin and Marianne came to visit me! I was totally shocked when I saw William walk in the door! I just about screamed! It was so fun to get to see them and talk with them. Such a great birthday surprise! 

So my time in Ashland is spent with a lot of stop bys which means we just stop by people's homes to try and talk to them whether they are potential investigators or if they are less active members. We also do a lot of tracting and street contacting. In my last area, I was convinced that tracting was a complete waste of time and that I should never do it. But I learned here in Ashland that it can be effective. We find most of our investigators through tracting. We have a few great potential investigators that we are going to try and make investigators this week. We also had a member text us yesterday and tell us that he has a family of 4 coming over for dinner this coming sunday and he said that he wants us to teach them. He has already given them a Book of Mormon. I can't wait to get to know them and to teach them about the restored gospel. 

The ward here is tiny! However, they are some of the nicest people! I really love all of the members here and I am slowly but surely getting to know all of them.

Me and Elder Bowlcut (Bowcut) are getting along really well! He is teaching me a lot! He is such a good teacher and is so great at teaching simply and with power! He is doing great with not being trunky which I think would be hard. We are working really well together, teaching some great lessons. 
Hope you have a great week.

Love, Jack

     Jackson and Elder Bowcut having dinner at the Yates.
      Jackson, Elder Bowcut with Kevin, Marianne, Matthew, Miriam, and William Scoresby
                                                        Jackson got his birthday box!

No comments:

Post a Comment