Monday, February 22, 2016

Week #31

Hi everyone! 

Carleigh's baptism went great! Her uncle performed the baptism and did a great job! Her Mom has been attending church regularly and yes her parents are married. They've been married for 13 years. Carleigh's whole family was at the baptism and at her confirmation yesterday. It was really great to see them all their. I don't know how interested her Dad is in the church but he has definitely warmed up to us coming over and "doesn't think we are creepy any more" according to Carleigh's mom. Hahaha apparently he at one time thought that we were super creepy which I find hilarious! 

We weren't able to teach Kayla, the lady that we tracted the other day. She said it was a bad time and it sure sounded like it. I could hear her 2 year old daughter screaming bloody murder in the other room so we will for sure try to see her this coming weekend. So far she is the only one being taught but hopefully we can teach her husband too. They only have one kid and she is too young to be taught. 

We have some SOLID investigators right now! I have to give you some background info before I tell you about them. So we found this elderly couple through tracting. They're very active in their apostolic church right now but are loving the Book of Mormon. A couple of weeks ago, Janet, the elderly lady, was in first nephi, and when we went over this last week, she was in Alma 30! She is just loving the Book of Mormon and is going to town on reading it! Her husband, Kenneth, is a very kind, gentle old man. Both of them are amazing. Anyway, a couple of weeks ago they told us that their sons might be interested in what we were talking about. Both of their boys are married and have kids of their own. We met with both of them this week and they both accepted a copy of the Book of Mormon and committed to read it! I think that they will follow the lead that Janet is setting for them. We are working very hard at getting them to know that the Book of Mormon is true. I will be surprised if at least one of these families doesn't get baptized! They're all so friendly and so open to the gospel! They would make amazing mormons!

Me and Bowcut are still getting along well but I can tell he is a little distracted by the fact that he is going home in a week.  I had a couple of dreams last week where I finished my mission and was going home, so that was a little weird but I'm dealing with it well too. He's sad that he has to leave this area because it is doing so well! Before me and elder Bowcut got here, the ward was struggling with missionary work but now it is really taking off. 

This last week we also got to set up a booth on Ashland University! We handed out 12 Books of Mormon which was insane because this school is known for being pretty anti-Mormon. We couldn't believe how successful it was and the whole ward kinda freaked out (in a good way) when they heard that we went there. People here had the mentality that no one wanted to hear the gospel but they are finally realizing that not everyone is anti-Mormon! We're having great success here and are loving the progress that has been made thus far!

I'm jealous that you guys have 80's this week! We had one day where it just barely hit 70 and I was walking around in short sleeves! It was amazing! I miss the arizona heat though. Can't wait until I get to feel it again. 

I will hopefully be able to go to the temple here in a couple of months with a recent convert to do baptisms for the dead. He doesn't feel quite ready yet but says that he wants to go while I'm here. 

Really having a great time here! Loving the work and the people. I miss and love you guys a ton! Have a great week!

Love, 
Elder Scoresby


                                            Carleigh and her family at her baptism

1 comment: