Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Week #32

 Hi Everyone! 

We had a slow week this week and had a difficult time meeting with investigators. For whatever reason, everyone was either sick this last week or busy at work. We did, however, get to see Janet and Kenneth! They are still doing amazing! Janet is all the way into 3 Nephi Chapter 5 as of yesterday! She said to us, "you guys came early this week so I didn't have time to read as much!" Me and Elder Bowcut just laughed when she said that to us. Janet is really working on coming to know if the Book of Mormon is true. I'm hoping that she will be able to see the truthfulness it contains when she reads about the Savior coming to the Americas to teach the people. She feels right now that it is pretty much the same as the Bible, just with different names. In other words, she knows that the Book of Mormon is true, she just wants a strong confirming feeling. 

Elder Bowcut leaves tomorrow to tour Kirtland and to spend the night in the mission home. He flies home on Thursday. It is crazy to me that just 6 weeks ago me and him became companions! Time has flown so fast because of the hard work that we are doing here in Ashland. We talked to an Elder that was here right before Elder Bowcut and he talked to us about how "interesting" Ashland was. He was pretty much telling us that we have the worst area in the mission. It's funny how a mindset can affect the work in an area so much! 

We have spent a lot of time with the members of the ward this last week as Elder Bowcut prepares to leave. We had a member share her conversion story with us. She has been a member her whole life but wasn't really convinced that the church was true until a couple of years ago. She told us of the impact that a couple of Elders had on her which made me remember that I am here to strengthen the active members as well as the less actives and non members. I love the Ashland ward and all that they do for us missionaries. We are being fed a lot! The size of my belly is a testimony of that....

We really had a good week! I love you all so much! I'm slightly jealous of your 80 degree weather! I just want to be hot and sweaty again.... Weird I know, but true. 

Hope you have a great week.

Love, Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment