Monday, March 21, 2016

Week #35

So first the update on our investigators:

Janet and Kenneth have been sick and we haven't heard from them. We have knocked on their door a few times and have called a few times and have had no response. I'm really hoping that they're doing okay. I'm pretty worried that they are avoiding us now and are no longer interested. Makes me really sad to see people come so close to the gospel and then fall away from it! We are going to do all we can to get in contact with them and hopefully they are doing okay.

Misty is doing really great! We went over to see her with a member and she loved our visit! She said that she really wants to come to the Mormon church because she knows that it is the only church that can help her be happy. I'm not sure how much she really knows about the Gospel but the fact that she has a desire to know if it is true is all she needs to develop a solid, unshakable testimony. We are going to see her this week again and will teach her the Restoration in depth. I'm really excited for that lesson.

Jennifer is doing great as well. We weren't able to see her this week because her daughter is sick but we're going to see her this week. She is definitely interested in what we are teaching her. So far she has struggled with keeping commitments but she said that she was going to start reading the Book of Mormon so we'll see if she was able to do that. 

Our most solid investigator right now is Terry. He is AMAZING! He came to church again yesterday and stayed for the baptism of a girl in the ward! He said that he felt the spirit really strong when he was at the baptism. He is working towards being baptized on the 2nd of April. Please keep him in your prayers. 

Thanks for the idea of inviting our investigators to conference, especially the women to the women's broadcast! That will be a huge testimony booster for them! I am getting so excited for conference coming up! I always love hearing what the prophet and apostles have to say. I always feel spiritually regenerated after each session! General Conference is almost like Christmas as a missionary and the best part is, you only have to wait 6 months for it instead of a whole year! 

Man I miss the family! I have been thinking a lot about you guys this last week for some reason. I wish that I could've gone on the trip with you guys! It's a little bit crazy to me that I've never met baby Noah! He's the cutest little bugger ever! I want to give him a big hug! 

This week was really great. We had a lot of success here in the Ashland area... The best area in the entire Nation, Maybe the WORLD!! I love you guys so much! Hope you have a great week! 

Love, Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment