Monday, June 6, 2016

Week #46

Hi!

Good week this week! I don't have any super amazing news to share but I do want to start out with an amazing miracle that happened yesterday. 

So Saturday night, I knelt down by my bed pondering on what I was going to fast for. I pondered for a few minutes and then felt a strong urge to fast for a member referral, which means a member of the church gives us someone they know to teach. So I went to bed that night and expecting my prayer to be answered some time in the coming week or so. Then at church on Sunday, after our early morning meetings, Marleen, a recent convert in the ward of just over a year came up to us and told us that her friend wanted to meet with us and be baptized!!!! Heavenly Father didn't even wait until after church to bless us with that one! We are going to contact her this week and hopefully start teaching her! She's only 14 or 15 so we'll have to get her parents permission before we teach her. That experience really strengthened my testimony of fasting!

Terry's doing great too! He got the priesthood yesterday and is preparing to go to the temple! The ward is really reaching out to him and making him feel welcomed at the ward. Terry comes to every single church function. Whether it's a stake priesthood meeting or ward kick ball, he's there! He'll get to pass the sacrament this coming week which will be so special to see! I'm really proud of him and all the work he has put forward to get to where he is now.

Parker doesn't have a baptismal date as of now. We set one with him and he accepted but then his Grandma called us and told us that he was going to be out of town for that date. He is still deciding if he wants to get baptized though. I would be very surprised if he chose not to. He's got a lot of great support in the ward and is coming to church most Sundays. He was out of town this week so he wasn't able to come. 

Elden is doing good! He came to church this week and is having a lot of success with overcoming his depression. He has been struggling with getting to church because of it but yesterday he came and had such a great experience! He was so happy and said he would be back next week! 

We're still working on getting all of our new investigators to stick but I'm sure that some of them will. Hopefully I'll have a lot to tell next week on our new investigators.

I want to share one last experience this week. 

So we walked over to visit Danny, one of our investigators, Saturday evening and had a great lesson with him. But when we left his apartment and looked out the front windows of the building, we saw that it was just a complete down pour... No umbrellas... No rain jackets.... Nothing. Elder Brewer and I just looked at each other and laughed! We had one more visit to make to a member of the ward and the walk was probably just under a mile. We saw that the rain was slowing down just a little bit so we started walking. There was no point in running because either way, by the time we got there we were going to be soaked completely through. So we walked about 3/4 of the way there and a member drove past but turned around and gave us a ride the rest of the way. I just think it's amazing how great it is to be a missionary. No matter where we go as missionaries, we always have friends that look out for us and keep us safe. So don't worry mom, I'm being watched out for! 

I love you guys a lot! I'm going to try and send a package today with some things in it for the family. I'm still working on getting Hannie a present! Hope you all have a good week!

Love,
Jack 

No comments:

Post a Comment