Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Week #45

Hi!

I'M STAYING IN ASHLAND!! I was so surprised last night when we got a call and the Zone Leaders told us that I was staying here with Elder Brewer! I really thought that I was going to be transfered! Glad to be here for another 6 weeks.

This week the weather has really warmed up and so people have started swimming and it makes me miss swimming so much! I didn't realize how much I swam until now!

This week has been really great for Elder Brewer and I! We picked up 5 new investigators this week! We did a ton of finding and teaching people right when we met them which went great! Also, like I said, it has really warmed up this week. I wouldn't say it's hot, because it's typically been in the mid to low 80s but the humidity kicks my butt! I have never experienced anything like this before! Last year I think I just barely missed the humid time of the summer so this is my first taste of it. Not going to lie though, I would rather be dripping sweat than freezing solid!

Our investigators are doing pretty well. 

Parker is still planning on getting baptized. We haven't met with him in over a week but we're going to see him tonight which will be awesome! We called his grandma earlier today and she said that he prayed for me to stay in Ashland! Prayer answered, Thank you Parker! I should be able to be here for his baptism if all goes well! 

Bob is doing pretty good too. We weren't able to see him this week due to family problems but we will later this week.

Elden is doing amazing! Can't remember if I told you or not but he struggles with depression and can't take anti depressants for some reason. Any way that has been a huge barrier for him. He started taking some supplement that helps even out the chemicals in your body which has taken the depression away!! He told us that he would be coming to church this coming Sunday now that he's doing better. He is also reading the Book of Mormon and liking that. 

We haven't seen Misty and her family for a while now but we are trying to work around their busy schedules. Her kids are super involved in sports which makes it hard to have a time to teach them.

I'm seriously over joyed to be staying in Ashland! I really do love this area and all the people that are here! Even the people that aren't interested in our message seem to reject us with kindness! It's almost refreshing to be rejected with kindness. You walk away feeling like you just made another friend which rocks! 

I hope you all have a great week and I love you all so much! 

Love,

Elder Jack





No comments:

Post a Comment