Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Week #61

Wazzzuppppp!!!! 

Hi Mom!

Had a good week this week! So if there are any letters that should be capitalized that aren't, just ignore it. This keyboard that I'm using has a terrible shift key and it's driving me crazy. 

We totally got to take Lauren to Kirtland which was AWESOME!!!!! She loved it! The spirit was so strong there, like it always is, and I think she was able to feel it. We meet with her every Tuesday, so we'll see her tomorrow and answer questions she has. She's doing so great! 

Pam is doing really well too! She's been sick, so we haven't been able to see her in the last week.  She didn't come to church, but we plan to see her in the next couple of days. I think the fact that her sister is a member is a huge motivator for her to continue learning about the church. She is really wanting to improve the quality of her life and come closer to God as well. We're hoping to set a baptismal date with Pam this week.

Yvette didn't come to church either. She had to work yesterday, which is what really prevented her from coming. She still isn't sure if she wants to join the church or not. She keeps telling us that what we teach her seems right and seems like the will of the Lord. All she wants to do is what the Lord wants her to do. Hopefully we can get her to church this coming Sunday.

Anthony is still doing well! He is crazy busy, but we're meeting with him this Wednesday. We are going to reset his baptismal date for some time in October. He was at church yesterday and loved it like usual. He's been there 4 or 5 times now!

Zone leader responsibilities are going well! We had zone conference just this last week and gave a discussion on finding. Zone conferences come every 3 months and those are easy to prepare for. We have zone training meeting (ztm) every month and that requires more planning. For ztm, the zone leaders meet with all the missionaries in their zone and relay lessons/info down that we get from President Brown, at mission leadership council (mlc) which takes place every last Tuesday of the month. The reason those ones require more planning is because we do all of the teaching. Still really fun. For our last ztm, Elder Davis and I made a Title of Liberty for our zone on my pillow case! We didn't have anything else to write it on so we figured that would do! I'll have to send you a picture next week! It's pretty hilarious!

Exchanges are good. They're fun, I just don't like having to be out of my area for a day. Other than that, I love them!

Okay now I have a miraculous miracle! 

On Saturday, we were doing some service for a lady, helping her move a ton of stuff she didn't want out of her house, that was less clean than I would have preferred. While we were doing that, we got a phone call from a random number. I answered, and on the other end was a man with a deep voice. He told us that his name was Frank and that he needed a copy of the Book of Mormon. When we asked how he had heard of the Book of Mormon, he said that back in 1999 missionaries came and gave him a copy. He had since then read it and given it away to someone else that wanted to read it. When we went over and visited Frank, he showed us a little address book that had the missionaries' names down and their phone number back in 1999! He was so excited to get another copy of the Book of Mormon! We invited him to church which was the following day and he accepted. He just needed a ride to church. Sunday morning we were scrambling to find someone that could take him! We were barely able to get a member to pick him up. We did get Frank to church though! He's so great! Love that man! We are having a little trouble trying to set a return appointment with him, but we'll get there!

I know from miracles like these, that this is the Lord's work. I wouldn't rather be anywhere else. I know that I'm meant to be here, and am eternally grateful for the experiences I'm having. I love the work!

I love you Mom! Great job in the dive meet Ben! I am going to need some videos of his meets! That would make me super happy! Hope you all have a good week!

Love,

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment