Monday, September 5, 2016

Week #59

Hi Mom! 

I LOVED the packages you sent me this week! You're so awesome! I loved all the ties that you guys picked out for me! Made me so happy that I don't have to wear those same ties that I've been wearing for the last year! You all rock!

So Anthony has been SUPER busy! He spent this last summer preparing all his lesson for teaching 6th grade but at last minute, he was switched to teach 8th grade and had to redo all of his lesson plans. We're hoping to meet with him this week and really crack down on teaching the lessons. 

Orlando is kind of the same way. We haven't been able to meet with him because he keeps working double shifts when people cancel. He really wants to go to Kirtland with us which would be so awesome for him! We're hoping to get him to Kirtland this week and church as well. 

Yvette is doing awesome! She told us that she is really considering joining the church and that it all depends on what the Lord tells her to do. That's exactly what we want her to do! We have a bible study every week on Thursday and Yvette is planning on coming to that this week. We're teaching her at a pretty slow rate so that she can understand it all. She's so prepared! Can't wait for her to come to the church for bible study.

We've been doing a lot of yard work for non members which has been awesome! We had a member tell us that her friend, Velvet, needs help with yard work. We went over and cleaned up her yard. We offered to teach her more about the Book of Mormon and she was way excited about it! We set up a time to meet with Velvet and bring the member family that introduced us to her! We taught a very powerful restoration lesson and she committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it. We'll try to meet with her this week and let you know what she has thought about the Book of Mormon thus far. 

I said this to Dad already but Cooper looks so much older in the picture I saw of him running! I'm glad he's keeping the Scoresby running Legacy going! GO COOPER!!!!!

Love you guys so much and thanks again for the ties! You're my favorite!

Love,

Jack

Jackson and Elder Davis

No comments:

Post a Comment