Monday, August 24, 2015

Week #5

Dear Family and friends,

I hit the month mark this last Friday which was awesome! It was comforting to know that I have made it this far without being hit by a car. 

This week has been super busy and quite tiring but I have loved it so much! We are quite short on miles this month because of the trips we have been making to Cleveland for so many different conferences, so our bikes have been put to use. I have seen so many awesome blessings from using our bikes! We have so many more opportunities to teach people about our savior Jesus Christ. I am also getting back into shape which is a miracle. 

The best day of this week was definitely Friday. We did a ton of service which was so awesome and also had the chance to teach 6 different lessons! I would definitely call that a successful day! 

The best lesson we had was not planned and was actually with a man we had never met before named Orlando. He is the uncle of one of our investigators named George. As we taught George out on his porch early in the afternoon, Orlando walks up and tells us he doesn't need to hear our message because he has already found God. He didn't want to listen to anything we had to say. I realized the only way we could get to talk to him was if we asked about his personal experiences. I asked how he came to know God. He proceeded to tell us that he used to be a major drug addict. He told us he prayed and asked God to help him turn his life around. That was 10 years ago, and since then he has been clean. He has such a strong testimony of God and Jesus Christ. We shared a spiritual message with him and told him that his father in heaven loves him. After that we all felt the spirit so strongly. Orlando actually started crying super hard! After feeling that spirit and that happiness, he told us that he wants to meet with us again. I closed the lesson with a prayer and the entire time I was praying, Orlando was crying his eyes out. We went to shake his hand and then he asked if he could give us a hug!

I couldn't believe how quickly his heart softened from feeling the spirit! I saw the power of God that day and I was so happy that I could've helped him to feel of the love that God has for him. 

Orlando is just one example of how the spirit can soften hearts. I have seen this happen with each and every one of our investigators. Each lesson they seem to be happier and happier. 

I also have become happier than ever before. I am so glad that my family has helped me get to this point. My mission has been hard but I am seriously loving it so much. I wouldn't trade this experience for the world. I love and miss every single one of you. Hope you all have a great week.

Love, Elder Scoresby

Akron Zone Conference

                                            Jackson and Elder Casto (Jack's favorite elder in the MTC).

                                                             Jackson's roommates in the MTC
                                                 Jackson and Elder Allen having companion study.
                                                      Jackson dead tired after a day of service.
                                                       After a day of laying sod for a member.
                                                                   Elder Scoresby under a tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment