Monday, August 31, 2015

Week #6

Dear Family and Friends,

Another great week out on the mission here in Ohio. We started off the week with a mission conference last Tuesday. At first I was not excited to go and sit through an 8 hour meeting of straight talking. Sounds terrible right? Well I was wrong! That was the greatest meeting ever! Elder Bennett came to talk to us. He came with nothing prepared. He told us he was going to go completely off of the promptings of the spirit and that is exactly what he did. Everything he said was awesome and applied to me directly. He told us to talk to EVERYONE. Before this meeting I was only talking to people that looked nice. I tried to avoid all interactions with anyone that looked mean or rough around the edges. I was honestly afraid of being rejected. Since then though, I have tried to talk to everyone. We have seen a huge increase in the amount of investigators we are teaching. It is so obvious that the more people you talk to the more investigators you will have. For whatever reason I didn't make that connection. It was a huge blessing to have elder Bennett come and teach our whole mission. 

On Wednesday, we ran into a little bit of a problem. We tried to start our car and the battery was completely dead! It was a bummer but turned out fine. We had our neighbor help us out by giving us a jump. We got into the car and saw that some foolish Elder had left a light on! Yes it was me... I am the foolish Elder. Well I learned my lesson. Also, Wednesday afternoon we had an appointment cancel on us and we couldn't find anyone to teach. We were sitting in our car trying to think of something to do when I suddenly had this sick feeling come over me. I didn't want to go anywhere or do anything. It was the weirdest thing. But as soon as we got back on track of teaching the gospel, I had that feeling leave me immediately. I know that was my Father in Heaven telling me that I need to be working every minute of the day. I can be having a hard time with my companion or be mad at myself but as soon as I focus on preaching the word, I start having a great day.

Thursday and Friday were full packed full of time spent finding people to teach. We went around on our sweet mountain bikes with our stylish helmets stopping and talking to every person we saw. We picked up 3 new investigators on Friday and I think 2 on Thursday. We are working as hard as we can and seeing great results. I know that as we work as hard as we can, giving everything we can to the Lord, he will bless us with strength to press onward. 

I am so grateful for the energy and strength I have been given from Heavenly Father. Thank you all so much for your prayers. 

Love, Elder Scoresby

The first picture is of me and some other elders in my mission. The other is of a home across the street from my ward mission leader's house and yes that is a marijuana plant on his roof




No comments:

Post a Comment