Monday, December 14, 2015

Week #21

Hi Everyone! 

Wow this week was interesting. The reason that it was a little odd was because we didn't teach as many people as I would have liked which would typically make me sad and disappointed. However, I have been so happy this week which is amazing and for sure a great miracle! We only have 2 investigators right now but they are both so unbelievably solid! It is Stacey and John. Stacey has been to church 3 weeks in a row which was her only thing she had to do before baptism so she will be baptized the first week in January and John has been to church 3 consecutive weeks as well. He still has to be taught a few things and also needs to change some things in his life. He has such a strong desire to be baptized and is really working towards it. 

Yesterday we ate dinner at Bishop Taylor's house! They have some crazy little kids that I love! As we sat and talked, Sister Taylor said that she knew some Scoresby's and that they had a little girl named Haliey. I said back to her, "No way you know Rob and Annie?!" HAHAH she said "Yeah how do you know them?!" And so I told her that they were my aunt and Uncle! It's such a small mormon world. So next time you talk to Rob and Annie, ask if they remember Robin and Eric Taylor. They went to college together. 

I have a funny story to tell you. Well it's actually not that funny but here you go. So me and Elder Lau (My Chinese companion) were riding our bikes at night to a less active members house in a super sketch neighborhood. The whole time we were riding people would yell "I worship the devil!" I would just smile and wave. Anyway, so after we had all these people say a bunch of garbage to us, we arrived at our destination. As I came to a complete stop and touched down with my left foot, I swung my right foot over the bike (like I always do when getting out of the saddle). However, I failed to notice or remember that the sidewalks are complete crap here! I came down hard on my right foot, right on an uneven surface. Now you should know that I have weak ankles to begin with, so when you throw these uneven sidewalks into the mix, it's a recipe for disaster. I brought my right foot down quick and rolled my ankle about as hard as I did when I broke it Sophomore year. I crumbled to the ground with my bike landing on top of me. Elder Lau, he being chinese, of course found this hilarious and laughed harder than I have ever heard him laugh before. I got up and quickly looked around to make sure that no one saw my complete uncoordination. Now my ankle is pretty well swollen and hurts but I am a boy so I will just tough it out. Hahah looking back it was funny but in the moment I was ticked. I am probably going to get a brace and wear it all this week. 

The weather has been incredible here! It's the middle of December and I have worn short sleeve shirts for the last 3 days! I'm pretty sure that it's warmer here than it is in Arizona! 

I love you all.

Love, 

Elder Jackson Scoresby

No comments:

Post a Comment