Monday, May 9, 2016

Week #42

May 9, 2016

It was really great to talk to you and the family! I miss you guys a lot! Dad said that you did a great job on your talk as I was sure that you would! I'm way excited to read it! It is really impressive to me how much time you spend in the temple and how much time you spend participating in church functions! I'm so grateful to have parents that appreciate the gospel and do their very best to serve those around them. I really love you guys. I just wish that I had been a little more aware of how blessed I was. I had no idea until I came here to Ohio. Thank you Mom.

Elder Brewer is planning on going to UVU. I still have no idea where I want to go but I've got time to figure that out. 

We did get to see Misty this week which was great! We had Bishop Dahl come with us and the lesson went really well! They read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon as a family and had really great questions about the plan of salvation, which is what we taught this last week. Misty has a very outspoken personality and Steve, her husband is much quieter. Bishop asked Misty what she thought about church and she said that she didn't believe that she had to go to church to worship God, but she said that she still wants to come to church. Then Bishop asked Steve how he felt about church, and he said that he knew that he and his family need to go to church in order to learn and grow more than they could on their own. Steve will definitely be a solid foundation on which Misty can rely to get her into the church and then to stay active. They are really doing great. We will hopefully see them again this week to be able to see how they are doing. 

Terry is still doing well and is working towards the 21st for baptism! I will be very surprised if he doesn't make this date! He is doing so amazing!

I'm seriously loving it here in Ashland and am hoping that I will get to stay here for another transfer after this one! We'll see what happens though. I'm learning and loving so much here! We've got a ton of potential investigators lined up this week that will hopefully be turned into investigators!! Can't wait!

I love you a lot Mom! Only 14 1/2 more months until I get to see you in person! That's way crazy to me! Feels like I haven't been gone very long. Hope you guys have a great week!

Love, Jacky Boy




No comments:

Post a Comment