Monday, May 16, 2016

Week #43

May 16, 2016

Hi Everyone!

Terry is doing great! He had his baptismal interview yesterday and all is good so we're going for this Saturday! I can't believe that he is finally getting baptized! I feel like it has been such a long road for him. He is doing so awesome, I'm stoked for this weekend!

We didn't meet with Misty and Steve this week due to them having busy schedules but we have an appointment set up for tomorrow! I love that family and hope that I stay for another transfer to be able to see them progress a little bit more and hopefully be baptized. 

Dave, I think I told you about dave, is doing great too! We have only taught him a couple of times but he is understanding everything well and is liking us coming over and talking to him. He said that he wants to come to church this week. We are teaching him the Plan of Salvation tonight. I can't wait to see his reaction because last week he talked about how his mom passed away a year ago and how that has been really hard for him.

We've been doing a lot of finding this week with little success so far. Mostly everyone has told us they're not interested, but they've been really nice to us though, which is great! I've been really impressed with how kind people are to us whether they are interested or not. 

One of my highlights this week was when I destroyed a squirrel in our car haha. It was really sad but they always run across the road right in front of us and I always try to avoid them. This little guy ran right infront of us and got turned into bird feed... Poor little fellow. 

I didn't get to go out to eat with Ralph, he never called me after I gave him our number so hopefully he does this week. I'll let you know if he calls.  (Ralph is a member from Jackson's first area that lost his wife a few months ago.  He emailed Jack, and wanted to drive over to Ashland and take Jack and his companion to dinner.)

Congrats Liza and Coop on the recitals! You'll be happy that you stuck with it! (piano)  I sorta wish that I did.  And I can't wait to see how good you are at tumbling when I get home Liza! You'll be a professional by then!

Love, Jack
 

No comments:

Post a Comment