Monday, August 29, 2016

Week #58

Yo!

We go on splits about once a week with other missionaries which is fun! It's cool to learn how other missionaries teach. I have no idea how long I'll be zone leader for. I could be here and then after this area go be a zone leader elsewhere or I could stop being zone leader after this area. So I could potentially be ZL for 4 to 11 more months. Just depends what president Brown wants me to do. We aren't working with any less actives right now. We've been trying to find some less actives that are actually willing to progress and have any desire to come back to church. 

We had a good week this week but it was also a little bit of a rough one. We have been struggling with getting people to keep return appointments. It's difficult to teach people when they aren't home for a scheduled teaching appointment. Orlando is still doing pretty good. He didn't come to church this week because he had a family reunion to go to and we didn't get to go to Kirtland either. We are planning to go to Kirtland this Saturday and he should be coming to church this Sunday as well. 

Anthony didn't come to church yesterday either. He is starting teaching tomorrow at the 8th grade level so he's been getting ready for that. He still loves the Book of Mormon and wants to baptized. We might have to push back his date a little bit but he'll for sure be baptized!

We have an investigator named Yvette that we've been working with. She is doing pretty great! She said that she is going to do whatever the spirit tells her to do, so we're just really working with her to recognize the answers that she receives. She's going to come to bible study next week and ease her way into church. I see her getting baptized in the next couple of transfers.

Sorry for the short email, but not a lot happened this week that was worth mentioning. I think the best thing that happened was just that I felt the spirit so strong, and not necessarily at one moment, but throughout the week. The Lord blessed me with the spirit in response to my hard work. I have such a strong testimony that our Heavenly Father always blesses us when we do what he asks us to do. 

Hope you guys have a stellar week! Love you so much!

Love,

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment