Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Week #75

Hi Mom!

I'M STAYING IN SHAKER HEIGHTS FOR ANOTHER TRANSFER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Lord answered my prayers this week! I'm so excited to stay in Shaker Heights for another 6 weeks! There is so much work to be done here and I can't wait to see this area blow up (in a positive way)! We have some amazing people we're starting to teach that show great interest! One of those people is Terri. She's a new investigator that we found a couple of weeks ago. She is one of the nicest people that I've ever met! We met her outside her home initially and talked to her a little about the Book of Mormon. As we were talking about it, she asked us, "Now where can I get me one of these books?" That is the question that every missionary wants to hear! We obviously gave her one right then and there. She couldn't wait to dive in and read it! We struggled to get back in contact with her for a couple of weeks but we finally got a hold of her. She told us to come by Christmas Eve to talk with her more. When we stopped by, Terri answered the door. Her home was full of people, all family members! Most of them were her kids but a few were her sisters. Anyway, right when she came to the door, she told us that her husband, Eric, was really interested to talk with us. He walked up to us and we talked to him a little about the Book of Mormon. Again, that golden question, "Where can I get one of those books?" When we handed him his own copy, Terri called from the back of the room, "Now you don't have to steal mine!" Turns out, Eric and Terri had been reading the Book of Mormon together! They let us in and all the kids were gathered around wondering why we were in their house. Terri told them we were missionaries. She started going off on how amazing the Book of Mormon was and of course, all the kids asked us "Can I have one of those?!" We ran to our truck and grabbed the remaining 5 copies of the Book of Mormon. We dished them out to all those that could read (some of the kids that were 4 or 5 were trying to grab a copy out of our hands! Anyway we ended up teaching the Restoration and every person inside of that house had their eyes glued to us! As Elder Christiansen quoted the First Vision, the spirit bore witness that what he was saying really did happen, and that the gospel of Jesus Christ has, in fact, been restored to the earth. At the conclusion of the lesson, they committed to read the Book of Mormon as a family. I'm so excited to get all of them to church! We're seeing them this weekend to talk with them about the Plan of Salvation. I'm so excited for them!

Our other investigators are doing great! We ate dinner Christmas night at his house. We ate in his beautiful dining room on the most immaculate china I've ever seen. We were unaware as we sat down, that we were about to be served a four course meal! I've never had such a fancy meal before! It was like a dream! He's such an awesome guy! 

I can't even remember what else happened this week. It was such a blur! I'm so glad that I get to stay in Shaker heights! I know that there is a reason I'm here! 

It was so great to talk with you and the Family! I love you guys so much! I'm a little jealous that the rest of the family is going skiing but I'll get over it haha! I do remember when we couldn't stop laughing Mom! One detail you forgot was when I almost choked to death on that water I drank! You were still laughing as I crawled into the back seat to attempt to recover from my near death experience! Hahaha that still makes me laugh when I think about it! 

I love you so much Mom! You're awesome! Me and the Elders I live with are going to go and play spike ball now! Such an awesome gift! You're the best! 

Love, 

Jack 

Jackson, Elder Christiansen, and the Van Lueven family

Jackson and one of his previous companions, Elder Brewer, at a zone conference


No comments:

Post a Comment