Monday, January 23, 2017

Week #77

Hi Mom! 

Glad to hear that you and the family are back to the regular schedule! The same goes for us here! We've had a hard time with members and some investigators. They've been really busy but are finally slowing down. It feels good to get back into the flow of a routine.

This week has felt crazy! We've had a few meetings which always make me feel crazy busy. We met on Sunday with President Brown and President Haymond, the stake president for the Kirtland Stake. We meet with them once a month to talk about how the work is going in this stake. It always amazes me how much love both President Brown and President Haymond have for the people that we're teaching. They're both more than busy but find time to meet with the missionaries and see how they can help with our missionary work. 

Then we had Mission Leadership council Yesterday. We usually only have one every month but this month, we have mission conference. Elder Gay is coming to our mission and the zone leaders will be meeting with him Friday evening. I'm so excited to meet with him and learn what he feels we need to work on. 

As for investigators, we met with Anthony yesterday. He's doing really well! Lately he's been having a hard time reading the Book of Mormon so we set a goal with him last week to read a chapter a day. This goal helped him to get back into the habit of reading. We're going to Kirtland with him on Sunday for a mission president's fireside. That's when President Brown gives a devotional specifically geared towards new members and investigators. I think that it will be a great spiritually uplifting experience for Anthony.
We met with Terri's family this week! Terri, unfortunately, wasn't home but her husband, Eric, and sister, Keisha, were there so we got to teach them! We started to read the Book of Mormon with them and they were both pumped to start reading it on their own! If we can get this family involved in church, they would be a huge strength to the ward! They're so cool and have a strong desire to come closer to their Father in Heaven. 

Traci doesn't seem very interested, but Joshua is still meeting with us and is reading the Book of Mormon very consistently! He's pretty quiet and I feel like we haven't quite connected with him yet but he is definitely interested in the Book of Mormon. He's determined to find out for himself if it is true. 

We haven't met with Lauren recently but we have and appointment this Saturday that should go through. I don't remember if I said last week, but she texted us and said she finished all of 2 Nephi! She is cruising through the Book of Mormon. I love going to teach her because she's always got such good questions about what she reads! 

This week the weather has been super weird! It started off freezing cold, but today it's supposed to be in the 50s I think! Yesterday, there was freezing rain! For those of you that don't know what that is (everyone that lives in Arizona) it's when rain falls and freezes when it hits the ground aka the ground is a treacherous piece of ice! I walked outside and started running as hard as I could in place to avoiding falling on my face. That was probably the closest to death I've come to death on my mission! 

I love and miss you family! I hope you're all doing well! I miss you and am stoked to see you in person in a little over 6 months! But in the mean time, I'm just going to work my butt off and have a good time doing it which sometimes means dunking on other missionaries! 

Love,

Jack 

Jack's facial expression when it drops below 30 degrees!

No comments:

Post a Comment