Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week #84

Hello Mother

Before I forget, I wanted to tell you that you are my hero. We were talking this week in ward correlation meeting about who are heroes are and you, without a doubt you are one of my greatest heroes. I can't imagine what my life would be like without a Mother that loves me even when I am an annoying little twerp. The love that you show me has brought so much love and light into my life. I love you so much! You are my favorite mom!

This week has been a great one! Elder Wheelwright and I have worked so hard and talked to everyone that we possibly could! I'm sure that Heavenly Father is blessing us from our efforts! We've been able to find so many amazing people that want to learn about the Restored gospel! This last Monday it was especially evident that the Lord blesses us for our efforts. We were out and about contacting and stopping by potential investigators for the most part of the day. Almost everyone that we talked to wanted to learn more! In the morning, we ran into a couple of young guys sitting on their porch. We taught them the Restoration right then and there and set a return appointment for later in the week. They both have a deep interest in the gospel. Then, later in the day, we were tracting and met a very energetic lady named Denitra. When we offered to share a message about Jesus Christ, she joyously accepted and asked if her daughter, Lauren, could join in. We obviously said yes and so we taught the both of them a brief Restoration lesson. We set a standing appointment for every Monday to teach them. They're so cool! Later in the day, we stopped by Aubrey, a potential investigator that we've been unable to get back in contact with. She's so awesome! She really wants to strengthen her faith in Christ and have the influence of Jesus Christ in her family's life. We knocked on her door, almost expecting her to not answer. However, despite our lack of faith, she answered and when she saw us, she smiled and told us she was so glad that we came back. She's been having some serious trials she's going through right now but definitely wants to learn about the gospel! I guess you could say Monday was a killer day for us! 

Late last week, we had an appointment with a couple of young guys that we met while walking right outside our apartment. We had set up to meet them at the Library. Typically, when people tell you they will meet you at the library, they don't show up and you never see or hear from them again. So, when Elijah and AJ walked in, the two guys we met, we were almost in shock! Our lesson with them went great! They both have searched and searched to find truth in different religions but haven't found what they feel is true. They committed to read the Book of Mormon and pray to know if it is true. I'm excited about the two of them! They both have real intent!

Caroline is doing good! We set a baptismal date with her for the 18th of March. She just needs to work on the Word of Wisdom and come to church. She has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon. I'm sure she'll be baptized! If not on the 18th then soon there after! 

We met with Robert this week! He has had a rough last week. His uncle passed away which was an emotional time for him. We taught him the Plan of Salvation this week which seemed to be helpful to him. He is really good at accepting what we teach! He for sure wants to be baptized but is hesitant to set a date. We suggested the 29th of April but he said there was no way he was going to make that. He needs to make some pretty significant changes in order to be ready. He said that he would think of a time that he'll be ready by and let us know on Saturday when see him again. 

There are so many people that we're starting to teach, I can't possibly tell you about all of them. I love Sandusky so much! I haven't had a bad area or a bad companion my entire mission! It's been awesome! I love being a missionary! 

That's so fun that Nick came and stayed with you! I haven't seen him in forever! It's probably been over 4 years, or at least will be by the time I'm done with my mission. 

I can't believe the Adcox's are moving! That's so sad! I miss that family like crazy! I can't wait to see Austin again! I miss that kid! So excited to room with him in Utah!

I don't think you should send me an ankle brace. The one I have is holding up really well. I do think that I should do some physical therapy when I get home. My ankles are so weak. I think I'm going to buy some running shoes out here and start running in the mornings in attempt to strengthen my ankles/ not be fat. I can't remember what my shoes were called that I got at road runner. I think they were nike lunars but I'm not sure. Is there anyway you could check what they were called for me? If not it's fine, I'll just buy some other kind of shoes. 

I love you so much Mom! You're an amazing human! Hope you have a great week! 

Love,

Jack

Community Service with Elder Wheelwright

Lake Erie

Comp Unity




No comments:

Post a Comment