Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Week #85

Hi Mom!

My week was pretty good! I felt like we didn't get to see a lot of our investigators but we still were able to do a lot. We've been helping a recent convert family find names to take to the temple to do baptism. Their names are Hannah and Treena. Treena is the mom and Hannah is her daughter. We get to go to the temple this Saturday with them to do baptisms! I'll be sure to take pictures and send them next week! Can't wait to spend time in the temple. 

We weren't able to meet with Robert this week. He was crazy busy with work. Hopefully we'll get to see him this weekend. 

So remember Denitra, the cool lady we met last week? Well she's still super sweet and she's an investigator now! So I forgot to tell you how we really found her. We were out tracting around and were going in a strait line down one side of the street. We were about to cross the road and go to the other side, but I felt like we should go to the next house. So I said to Elder Wheelwright, "We should do this next house" as I pointed at Denitra's home. The funny part was, right as I pointed, Denitra poked her head out of her door! We couldn't not talk to her at that point! I was standing there pointing at her hahaha! Anyway, our lesson with her this week went super well! We spent a lot of time focusing on the great apostasy so that she could really understand and see the necessity for the restoration of the Gospel. She was able to really grasp what we were teaching. Her Daughter, Lauren wasn't there but Denitra said she for sure would be next week. Denitra couldn't find the Book of Mormon we left with her last time because Lauren had been reading it! They are such a prepared family! I'm so excited to be teaching them! We wouldn't be teaching them if I hadn't pointed right at her haha! 

Another funny experience we had, was on Monday. We were on our way to District meeting when we got a call from a missionary that once served here that went home 3 months ago! I served around him right before he went home so I knew him a little. He called us and told us he was in Sandusky for the day and wanted to go stop by some people with us. He came and picked us up in this sweet old van and we drove all over in Sandusky! It was so much fun! I didn't even feel like a missionary! I felt like I was just hanging out with a few of my friends! It was fun to see him again! 

Other than that, I can't think of anything crazy that happened. Just a usual missionary week. I wish I could tell you every miracle that happened each day! I would be emailing for hours! I don't have that kind of patience! I've been being a lot more detailed in my journal so that I can remember everything. I'll have to let you read it when I get home! 

Is there any update on those shoes mom? I was going to buy crappy shoes to run in but I figured I should just buy some nice ones and then use them back home. 

One more request, I feel like I don't remember what the house looks like, so can you send me pictures of the house? Hahaha I know it's kind of weird but I miss that place. Oh and make sure you get the back yard! I love you so much! You're the bomb.com! Hope you have a stellar week!

Love,
Jack

Jack says this is a great representation of their companionship!

Thrift shopping with the district.




On the swings.

In shock, because he's coming home so soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment