Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week #89

Hi Mom!

This week was definitely an interesting one. The move went well. We finished unpacking yesterday so it took forever. I was so used to just packing my suit cases and calling it good but we had to move all our furniture and everything as well. It was so worth it though! Our new apartment is about 54 times better than our last one. We have a lot more open space and it doesn't have 10 years worth of missionary crap every where. Our new location is much quieter. Our last apartment was uncomfortably close to a rail road track which was unfortunate. My body eventually figured out how to sleep through anything! But now we can hardly hear the soothing blare of a train horn off in the distance. I would say the only down side of our new apartment is that we have to pay a fortune for laundry! It costs a buck 50 for a wash and a buck 50 for a dry! Oh well, I didn't want to go to college anyway.

We have done a lot of finding this week. I always have so much fun talking to different people! We tracted and contacted for many hours yesterday and I had a blast. Elder Ellsworth and I were so beat by the end of the day. I fell asleep in a matter of seconds. My feet still hurt from walking haha! I don't know if I told you but I have a goal to wear a hole in the bottoms of my brown shoes that you gave me last christmas. I think I'm getting close bit it's going to take a lot of walking in the next 4 months! 

Some of our investigators are still struggling with keeping appointments but some are doing better. Denitra is one of the ones that is doing better. We FINALLY got to meet with her AND her daughter Lauren. They both want to learn together. I think that they will help each other keep commitments and really progress. Denitra has so many questions and hungers after understanding so she's fun to teach. Lauren just sits back and takes it all in. Our lesson with them was good. We went over the Restoration with them which brought up a lot of questions but also answered a lot. Denitra might take a while to teach because she wants to understand perfectly. I think that will help her want to read and learn on her own which would be great!

On Saturday, we went and did some tracting in between sessions. I was so fired up from conference and determined to find someone to teach. We knocked on this one door with who knows how many kids inside. When Heather, the mom came to the door, she was very willing to talk to us. She has been searching for the truth for a long time. She has stopped going to church and has been reading the bible on her own to find answers. Her story reminded me exactly of Joseph Smith's. We told her that all her questions can be answered from the Book of Mormon. She was stoked to read it! We're going to see her this Saturday and teach the full Restoration to her which should answer all of her questions. She's amazing! 

We have a few other potentials that we've got. Elder Ellsworth has been really good at being real with people and making an instant connection with them which has really helped us to find more potentials. Like I said, finding is blast for me! I love it! When the weather gets even warmer and Cedar point opens up, there are going to be so many people to talk to! 

Love you so much mom! Can't wait to talk to you in a few weeks! I miss you guys like crazy! It will be even better to give you a hug in LESS THAN 4 MONTHS! I already have marked on my calendar for the 27th of July "give mom a hug!" Looking forward to that! Love you! Have a great week!

Love,

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment