Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week #90

Hi Mom!!!

So sorry that I'm emailing you before you get to email me. I won't have any time to email tomorrow so we decided to today. 

This week was full of walking! We've been working hard to find new investigators and luckily the weather has been fairly cooperative. However, on Thursday it just rained all day long! Elder Ellsworth and I had been walking in it for hours, doing stop bys and trying to talk to people. We were going to take dinner at 8pm and just work all day long. It had been one of those days that drags on SO long! Well it was 7 pm, close to dinner time, and we had planned to go tracting. I was dreading it, not wanting to be wet anymore. I decided after knocking on the first door that I was going to try and lighten up the mood. Both of us were just about ready to call it quits. I saw this monster of a puddle so without taking time to think about the consequences, I jumped as high as I could and planted both feet firm in the center of the puddle. I probably sent a 6 foot radius of water in all directions. Elder Ellsworth and I almost fell over we laughed so hard! We continued to tract even though we were soaking wet! I made sure to jump in every single puddle I could on the walk home! Then we decided that we needed to take the edge off by going to get some buffalo wild wings for dinner. Good times! That's how we turn a crappy day into a memorable experience!

We picked up a new investigator this week which was great! Her name is Abbagail, unfortunately, today she sort of dropped us. She is still willing to meet, but only to hear what we believe, not out of the intention of joining. Hopefully she will change her mind. 

We also have a great potential investigator named Heather. I can't remember if I told you about her already or not but we found her through tracting. I saw this street called vine street, and back in Ashland there was a street called vine street. The only thing I remember about Vine Street in Ashland was that every single person we talked to on the street was either super angry or completely ignored us. I wanted to see if all vine streets were that way. So that's how we decided to tract vine street in Sandusky. Heather, the mother of I think 7 or 8 kids is so prepared! She has been searching for truth but hasn't been satisfied by what she has seen in other religions. She has turned to her own study of the bible. She was pumped when we told her about the Book of Mormon. She has some hang ups on "the whole Joseph Smith thing" but is willing to read and pray. We were going to teach her last weekend but she got way sick so we are planning to see her this weekend if she is feeling better. 

Like I said, tomorrow we're going to the temple. I'm so excited to have some time to soak up the spirit. It is much needed right now. I'm feeling a little beaten down and the temple is what I need to recharge my batteries! We're going to the 11 am session and the 1 pm session. So excited! 

In closing, a wise joke from my companion....

- What did the buffalo say to his son when he went to college?
"Bison"

HAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!!!

Love you Mom! ! I can't believe April is almost half way over! I feel like its still March. That just means that I'll get to talk to you before I know it! Have a great week!

Love,

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment