Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Week #91

Hi Mom!

This week was a lot better than the last! We didn't see a whole lot happen last week but this week we have started to see some miracles. Last week was the phase we had to make it through in order to receive great blessings in the weeks to come. I found great peace at the temple and it helped me to be able to gain a little bit of motivation. It was a great experience!

Training is going okay. The trainer trainee relationship is one of the most difficult relationships. We have struggles sometimes but we are very open with each other and can resolve any conflicts that we have almost instantly. We'll for sure stay together for at least one more transfer but I have a feeling that Elder Ellsworth is going to be my last companion. I hope that I don't have to get a new companion and have to readjust. I told President Brown in interviews that I would prefer to end my mission here in Sandusky but also that I am willing to have a one transfer area at the very end if he needed me to. I would be pretty bummed if that happened but it's all good. 

The district is going pretty well. One of the Elders here I came out with. His name is Elder Miller. He's awesome! We get along really well and have a ton of fun together. Our district is slowly growing in unity. We're all friends but the sisters aren't as close with us this transfer as they were the last one. 

We haven't been able to meet with Heather again. She has been sick the last week and is still getting over it. When we called her, she said she still really wants to meet with us. She's earnestly seeking truth so it will be a blast to teach her. Yesterday, Elder Ellsworth and I walked a crap ton of miles, doing some tracting and contacting. We found some amazing people! On one street we found 3 families that were all interested and we have return appointments for later this week. We also found a Less Active member that just moved here and wants to get back into church and we found a guy that is really struggling right now. He's going through some pretty major trials right now and really needs God in his life. He recognized us as servants of God and was stoked to meet with us. Hopefully we'll be able to turn these potentials into investigators this week. We've been hurting on finding new investigators.

A sad yet powerful experience this week came when we visited with Caroline. We went by to see her last Saturday and I can't remember if I mentioned before or not but her mom lives in the same nursing home as her. Caroline's mother has struggled with her health ever since I have been here in Sandusky. Before we got down to Caroline's room on Saturday, a nurse stopped us and told us that her mother had passed away earlier in the day. I knew that Caroline was going to be taking it pretty hard. As soon as she saw us she started to cry. As I came up close to her, I dropped to my knees next to her wheelchair and gave her a hug. She clung to me and cried for close to 10 minutes. As this went on, all I could feel was peace. I knew that it was going to be okay. Since then, we've been visiting Caroline often to keep her spirits high. She's doing pretty well. She's a positive person so I'm sure she'll be fine.

All of our other investigators keep flamming or canceling on us which is super frustrating. It was a huge blessing to find so many amazing people yesterday though. 

I can't think of much else to mention. I wish I could call you and tell you everything! I guess I'll just have to wait a couple of weeks! I love you tons and thanks SO MUCH for the Easter package! Those quarters are awesome! You're the best mom!!!!! Have a great week!

Love,

Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment