Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Week #55

Hi Everyone!

So Moses didn't make it to church on Sunday but hopefully we'll be able to get in contact with him this coming week and teach him. Dejah hasn't gone to school yet but I think she does at the end of this week. We're going to see her today and I'm sure that'll go well. Still sad that we aren't going to be able to teach her after she leaves. 

Elder Davis and I get along really well! We work really well together and have a ton of fun! We also get along really well with the Elders in our apartment. It's just a party all the time in our apartment! It's super awesome! Just a ton of Bro time! 

I love it here in Shaker! We're having some great success with current investigators and we're finding a lot of great, commitable people as well. We found this huge guy named Brian on Saturday when we were tracting. He's 6'5" and weighs at least 300 pounds! It was such a cool experience. As we knocked on his door, Elder Davis turned to me and said, "this guy is going to let us in and we're going to teach him!" The house looked pretty empty, and no one on that street had answered up to that point. Anyway, we heard the door unlock and the door frame was immediately filled by his figure. As we stood there and talked to him, I asked him if we could teach for a few minutes and he was super open to having us come in and share a message with him! We taught the restoration right then and there and then committed him to read the Book of Mormon. We'll see him later this week so hopefully he's read by then! 

Anthony is doing AMAZING!!! We went to Kirtland yesterday with him and had an awesome experience! I took a few pictures so I'll send those to you. Anthony is fasting for the next 3 days to find out if he really does need to be baptized! I love Anthony so much! He's super in tune with the spirit and is reading the Book of Mormon like crazy! He's in Mosiah some where and is loving it all!  He's still shooting for baptism on the 17th of September. He is progressing so much! Love that guy!

Like I said, Dejah is still doing great! She's reading the Book of Mormon a lot too. A lot of good is going on here in the Shaker Heights ward! Love this place so much! I always think I'm not going to like my next area as much as I did my last but I end up loving it no matter where I go! 

Love you guys so much! So glad everything is going well for you guys! I'll see you guys in less than a year!

Have an awesome week!!! 

Love, Jack
                  Elder Scoresby, Elder Davis, and Anthony at Kirtland.

No comments:

Post a Comment