Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Week 100!!!

Hi Mom!

Holy crap Bennett is growing up! I can't believe he has already graduated and has been through the temple! He's such a stud! I definitely remember those days. I look back on it and it seems like it was all a dream. I feel like my life before my mission is all just a fantasy haha. 5 more weeks and my mission will be a fantasy! 

This was such an amazing week for me as well! Elder Kitchens and I get along SO well! I don't know if I have ever laughed harder than I did this week with him. We work so hard and it's a ton of fun. Elder Ellsworth and I worked hard too, but it's different when you're with a missionary who is experienced. I don't have to lead everything out anymore. We're doing really great! Elder Kitchens and I bike pretty much all the time. We both love biking. It makes the day go by faster and you have way more people to talk to than if you're just in the car. We both wheelie a ton haha! Elder Kitchens crashed twice this week on his bike and has to get new handle bars today. I crashed once and broke the reflector off my bike. We get people that honk at us all the time because we pull fat wheelies haha! It's awesome!

This week we taught some bomb lessons! Cassidy is doing good. She's reading and praying everyday. She still doesn't feel that she has received an answer yet though. We asked her how she felt about the 22nd of July and she said that she still doesn't know if she'll be ready by then. Cassidy told us she doesn't want to set a baptismal date yet. She is unsure about when she'll be ready. We'll try again to set one with her. 

Jordan is still not reading. We're most likely going to have to drop him which stinks. He's so cool and would be the coolest Mormon ever! It would be a huge blessing to his family but he just isn't acting on the invitations we give him. When we read the Book of Mormon with him he retains it so well! He seems like he really wants to know if the Book of Mormon is true. I hope that he'll start reading.

We picked up a new investigator named Laquanna. She's super nice! We tracted into her. She said that she has never really been involved in religion. Her knowledge of the bible and of Jesus Christ is very limited. She has a great desire to learn. She accepted a copy of the Bible and the Book of Mormon. We committed her to read the first chapter of the Book of Mormon and we'll be going back this weekend to follow up.

Elder Kitchens and I are definitely being blessed!  We received a real referral this week! One that didn't pull a gun on us! Her name is Sandi. She has a friend that is a member and she wants to meet with us. She has 3 or 4 kids and is a single mom. We haven't taught her yet but we'll be going over on Saturday to teach her. I'm stoked!

Backstory to another miracle, there are a ton of foreign people that come work here in Sandusky for the summer. So on Sunday, we went to church and there was this random chinese guy that spoke very little english. He walked all the way to church! Probably between 2 or 3 miles. His name is Michael. We went over this week to drop his bible off that he left in a member's car and he let us right in. We talked to him about how he found our church and he said that he just typed the name "Jesus" into his maps and found two different churches. He said he prayed to know which one to go to and felt good about going to ours! MIRACLE! We have a member that speaks chinese so we'll try and get her out teaching to him. 

I don't know if you remember Abbagail from a few months back. She's a former investigator. She texted us this last week and asked if we could come over to answer some of her questions! We went over and answered questions that she had for 45 minutes! She rattled off questions left and right. It was really cool! She is moving in about a week. Hopefully we'll be able to send missionaries to her where ever she moves to. 

This week was a total blur! I feel like it went by in 17 seconds. Like I said, Elder Kitchens and I have a lot of fun together. An example of me laughing super this week actually happened this morning. So Elder Kitchens took his handle bars off of his bike so that he can put new ones on today. We decided to try riding it without the bars on. As soon as Elder Kitchens starts going, he heads strait for a tree, and it just so happens that it's rather difficult to turn when you have no handle bars. He connected pretty well with the trunk of the tree! Hahaha it made me fall to the ground laughing! 


Well I love you all so much! Hope you have a killer week! 

Love,

Jack

Jackson and his previous companion, Elder Ellsworth.

Jackson and his new companion, Elder Kitchens, on their bikes all the time.

Jackson says, "How I feel every night, cuz we work so hard!"

Selfie stick pics!



Jackson after riding home in the rain.










No comments:

Post a Comment