Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Week #94

Hi Mom! 

Before I forget to tell you, I'll be skyping at either 3:00 or 3:30 on Sunday. Hopefully that will work. If it doesn't then let me know. That's so fun that you got to see Allie! I'm jealous! I miss her a lot. I CAN'T WAIT TO TALK TO YOU AND THE FAMILY!!!! I miss you guys a lot! I think this last skype will give me just enough of a boost to get me through to July. I love you all so much! 

This week was a little bit challenging. I feel like most of the people we're working with are a little stagnant. None of them really want to act on what we are teaching them. The only major ray of light that we had this week was KJ. Cool story about KJ, so we contacted him on the streets a couple of weeks ago. He seemed sincere when we contacted him. He was with a large group of friends so we really couldn't get return information with him. So we just gave him a card and told him to order a Book of Mormon. Well this last week, we got a text from the Bishop telling us that our ward mission leader was in the hospital and that he needed a blessing. We immediately went to do so. We had the wrong room number for him so it took a long time to find him. Anyway, the reason that's important is because without all of these things happening, we wouldn't have gotten back in contact with KJ. As we walked out of the hospital, I heard someone yell "Hey!" from the other side of the parking lot. There was KJ, walking towards us. He had ordered a Book of Mormon but didn't receive one. We just set up an appointment with him for that evening to bring him the Book. He was so excited to get the book! When we taught him the Restoration, it made so much sense to him! He asked some great questions and really desires to learn more. He is so sincere! I love teaching him. 

The best part of our lesson with KJ was when we asked him to read a paragraph for us. Prior to this, he told us of a stroke he had a couple of years ago that has caused him a lot of problems. So, with our invitation, he looked up at me and with the straightest face I've ever seen says "I can't read" It was so believable but luckily he was joking. I wish I could have had a picture of his face when he said that. Hahaha it was awesome! 

We really didn't get to teach anyone else this week so no other updates. We do hangout with the other elders in our district quite a bit. We have a lot of fun with them. We hang out a decent amount with the sisters as well. We're going to down town sandusky this today to check out some of the shops there. Jordan is doing okay and we're great friends with him, he just doesn't seem super interested in learning much about what we have to teach. 

Love you so much mom! Can't wait to skype this week!

Love,

Jack

Go Cavs!

Sandusky Elders after helping Sister Walters with some yard work.


Sandusky Elders - Elder Ellsworth and Scoresby in the middle.


No comments:

Post a Comment