Monday, June 12, 2017

Week #98

Hi Mom!

This week was pretty great! Elder Ellsworth and I have been working really great together and are continuing to find amazing people to teach. We picked up 3 new investigators last week and have already found 2 this week with hopes of picking up another one tonight! We are insanely busy this week. We have a lot of appointments set and also have zone conference for the majority of Friday. I'm excited to learn from my leaders. 

We finally got back in contact with KJ! We have planned to see him this evening. He's an awesome guy, the only problem is, he just goes with the flow. So even if we have an appointment set with him, he tends to be out with his buddies or at the store or something. He has tons of potential though! 

Not only did we reconnect with KJ, we met back up with Dustin!!!! We drove past each other, heading opposite directions and when we saw that it was Dustin, we flipped a quick U and chased him down. We set an appointment for that night and helped him organize his shed. We ended the night by helping him burn a couch in his fire pit in the back yard. It's been a long time since I've been to a bonfire! That family is great! They're going to be out of town for the next couple weeks so we'll catch up with them when they get back in town. I love that family! I think we'll at least get them to church before I go home! 

Jordan is having a little bit of a hard time right now. He is still struggling with the word of wisdom which is putting a great deal of stress on his marriage. We're going to have a have a little heart to heart chat with him this week. We asked him if his wife would be interested in joining us for our lessons but he said that she's not for the whole religion thing. I think we'll be able to start teaching her though. She definitely doesn't understand the blessing that faith is in life. 

Boo is one of our new investigators. No, that is not a typo... When we asked for his name he said, "they call me Boo." So that's what we call him. He's definitely on the hood side but he's a really deep thinker! After we taught him the Restoration, he told us that the Book of Mormon might be the missing piece to the puzzle! He's way prepared! I love teaching him. We're having a church tour this weekend, where we will hopefully have a few non-member families come and tour the church. It's not a big event but hopefully we can get a few of our investigators there and help them have a desire to come on Sunday. 

Funny story, while we were teaching Boo, one of his daughter's hamsters got out and ran outside! Elder Ellsworth and I spent the next 10 minutes chasing the dang thing! We got it to go back inside but man that thing was fast! I finally cornered it and got it back in the cage. Boo couldn't help us because he's blind. We're going to try and figure out how to get him the Book of Mormon on disc so that he can listen to it. 

Cassidy is doing great! She felt the spirit so strong in our lesson! She cried as we talked about the importance of prayer and the holy ghost. We invited her to read and pray about the Book of Mormon this week so we'll follow up with that and see how she is feeling in our next lesson. She came to church on Sunday which was great for her! She's been coming for the past month. We're going to try and set a baptismal date with her this week. She's awesome!!!!

I love it here in Sandusky! I'll be so sad if I have to leave for my last transfer. I think you're guess is right Mom. I would be very surprised if I didn't end here with Elder Ellsworth as my companion. I love this work and I love this area! I also love my family and can't wait to see you guys soon! You're my favorite Mom! I hope you have a good week! Tell Bennett Happy Birthday for me! I love that little sucker! Hope he's safe at Lake Powell. I love that place. Love you Mom!

Love,

Jacky Boy

No comments:

Post a Comment