Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Week #99

Hi Mom!

HOLD UP FOR JUST A MINUTE! Please don't get rid of the jeep before I come home! I need that thing to still be around! I have been deprived of driving it for the last 2 years. I've got a connection with that thing! It's been too long since I've been on 2 wheels in a car haha... That's a story for another time. 

This week was beyond busy. We were having trouble seeing all the people that we needed to, mostly because of zone conference. Zone conference was amazing. The spirit was so strong there. There were many times during zone conference that I was fighting back tears. I only have one zone conference left and there is no doubt that I will be crying at that one. President Brown taught about the different kinds of temptations that we have to endure in this life time. He definitely gave some helpful insights. 

Before I forget, we had one of the craziest experiences ever this last week, right after Zone Conference. So we got a media referral. Someone requested a missionary visit and judging by what it said online, they were very interested! We drove to the address which we were given to find a pretty home out in the country. We parked in their driveway knocked on their door. A large man answered and slammed the door right in our faces. Then immediately opened it again and said "that means to leave!" Utterly confused, we slowly turned to begin walking to the car. He came up right behind me and started yelling in my ear to hurry up and get off of his property. He continued to do this all the way down the driveway until we got in our car and started backing out. As we were backing out, he turned around and lifted up his shirt, revealing some kind of a pistol tucked in his pants. We have absolutely no idea why he was so mad or what happened... It was crazy.

On a better note, Cassidy accepted the invitation to be baptized! We invited her to be baptized on the 22nd of July but she said she didn't know if she wanted to go for then. We told her to pray about it. We'll follow up with her this weekend on what she is thinking about the 22nd. She is so prepared! I love teaching her because her family participates so much. I almost feel like we don't do any of the teaching! Her family does such a great job at testifying which invites the spirit so strongly! It's the best!

Jordan is doing really great as well. We have been emphasizing the importance of reading the Book of Mormon so hopefully he'll keep that commitment this week. 

I almost forgot to mention that I'm getting a new companion tomorrow! I didn't think anything was going to happen with our companionship! Elder Ellsworth will be going to Medina and my new companion is Elder Kitchens. He's a transfer behind me so he'll be fun to work with! I have only talked to him once before but I've heard that he is a really fun guy! Should be a fun last transfer. Also, I'm no longer district leader! Our district is getting absorbed into the Lorain district. My district leader will now be Elder Christiansen! So excited to have my former comp as my DL! 

I'm so happy for this last transfer! I'm now realizing how little time I have left. It's crazy! I'm going to work my hardest! Love you so much Mom! You're the bomb! See you soon!

Love,

Jack


Jackson and Elder Ellsworth with Sister Bierce, who takes them to the yacht club!
Jackson having a bonfire with Justin.

Jackson fishing on P-day.

No comments:

Post a Comment