Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Week #97

Hey Mom!

I can't believe it's already time for Bennett to go on a mission! I love that kid! I know he'll be an amazing missionary! I think Argentina would be a cool place to live for 2 years. I think even more so it will be an amazing place to teach the gospel. 

It sounds like you guys are crazy busy right now! I remember vividly graduation and how fun that was. Mom I can't believe you've had 3 kids graduate high school now! And all your kids are out of elementary school?! That's nuts. I feel like just yesterday we were living over on E Nance Circle. Back in the good old days, when life was simple. Climbing trees, kick the can, sandboxes. That's all I can remember from that house haha! 

Back to the present, this week was great! We have been working super hard to find new investigators and re-establish contact with some other investigators. We haven't been able to contact KJ. We stopped by a few days ago to try and see him but he wasn't home. His sister said that she hasn't seen him in like a week or so. No one really knows where he went. He basically fell off the planet. Bummer cuz he was awesome!

Jordan is doing good. We haven't set a baptismal date with him yet. He is struggling with reading right now so we need to get that to the top of his priority list. We're going to try and set a baptismal date with him this weekend hopefully. He's great! Love him and his family.

We didn't get to eat with Dave this last week but we're planning on eating with him this weekend. 

We had a couple miracles happen this week that I'm stoked about! 

First, we are going to start teaching Brother Baer's grand daughter! Backstory: Treena, Brother Baer's Daughter, and Hannah, Treena's daughter, got baptized at the beginning of this year. Cassidy, Treena's other daughter, the one we're going to start teaching, was up in Tiffan, Ohio for college. She didn't take the lessons but she has been coming to church and reading the Book of Mormon. Cassidy's family is very excited about the gospel so we didn't want to pressure her on top of what her family is dishing to her. So, we asked John, her  brother that joined the church out in Idaho last December, to invite her to take the lessons from the missionaries. She told him that she would pray about it. Her answer was YES!!! I'm so excited to start teaching her! She will be a great investigator and a wonderful member of the church. She already comes to church every Sunday. Huge miracle! I'll let you know next week how that goes.

Second, Elder Ellsworth and I were out tracting and contacting, handing out free bible cards and talking to people about the Book of Mormon. We gave this couple a card and told them that we would come visit them this week. They seemed pretty excited. About 10 minutes later, we got a referral for someone that wanted a bible and a Book of Mormon. It was the brother of the couple we talked to. He had never read the Book of Mormon and was very excited to start reading it! His name is Earnest. He's the coolest gangster out there! Then later we were tracting this apartment complex and this guy was super drunk. He really wanted a bible so we told him to call the number and continued knocking doors. On our way out of the building we walked past his door and he bolted out of his apartment and gave me the phone. It was a sister missionary that spoke broken english. I was assuming that he couldn't understand her so I ordered him a bible haha! I told the girl that I was a missionary but she didn't understand what I was saying so I pretended I was Eric, the guy we were calling for. Such a weird experience haha. 

This week was great! Love you guys and hope you have a fun week!

Love,

Jack

Jackson with a mouth full of goldfish crackers (some things never change!)


Jackson sent these pictures of a nest with eggs and a baby bird, to Eliza, because he knows she loves all things animals!






No comments:

Post a Comment